Monday, May 2, 2011

Misadventures

I am thinking about renaming this blog "Taryn's Misadventures in the Kitchen".  It seems like every time I try to cook, I manage to burn or destroy something.  Tonight I am trying Baked Banana Oatmeal for my breakfast for the next couple of days.  I am currently out of spinach, so I can't do my Green Monster.  (I'll post that recipe later, but it's loosely adapted from here.  I'll let you know how the oatmeal is after I've finished it!
But back to the misadventure: I turned on the oven without checking inside. A couple of minutes later Ron asked what I was burning; it's a common occurrence. When I opened the oven door a few minutes later, smoke billowed out! Sitting on the rack was the pizza box from dinner earlier! Fortunately nothing burned but the cardboard was a little blackened. Oops! Maybe next time I'll check!

No comments:

Post a Comment