Monday, June 6, 2011

Starting Over

I have completely fallen off the wagon.  Completely.  The weight is creeping back on, the belly is puffing out over my pants again, and I have no motivation.  At all.  The thought of working out for an hour to P90X is not at all something I have the time or the energy for.  And I miss running.  And I have a lot to get done at the new house.  Including cooking dinner and prepping lunches for G & me.
So here is my plan until November: half marathon training with whatever strength training I can fit in on my off days.  It should lay out something like this: 
Monday:  Strength or Yoga
Tuesday: Run (whatever Smart Coach has in store for me)
Wednesday: Strength
Thursday: Run
Friday: Strength
Saturday: Rest (for the majority of my training plan)
Sunday: Long Run

I'm very excited about this, so hopefully that's what it takes to remotivate me.  We have a family membership at the YMCA, so if I can get a schedule worked out, some of my strength workouts will be there.  It's very difficult, though, when we live so far out of town to justify a trip in just to work out.  We should have a full weight set up in the next couple of weeks, so that will help.  Tonight I did Jillian Michael's Shred It with Weights. Tomorrow Smart Coach is telling me to run two miles at a very slow pace (like, 11:30).  I'd like to wake up at 6:00 and get that out of the way before the heat arrives.
___________________________________________________________________________________

I absolutely love my kitchen so I have been cooking regularly.  Actually, I've done more grilling than I've cooked in the kitchen.
This week's menu looks something like this:
Sunday:  Grilled Chicken Ka-Bobs, Green Salad, Alfredo Risotto (from a box)
Monday: Ocean Flounder & Summer Vegetables; White Cheddar Yogurt Cornbread
Tuesday:  Sirloin & Vegetable Kebabs, Grilled Flatbread, Salad
Wednesday: Chicken Pesto & Pecan Tossed Salad from Menus 4 Moms
Thursday:  Hamburgers w/ grilled onions; whatever vegetables I have left over
Friday: Out?

You'll notice that this week includes mostly grill-meals as well!

A couple of treats I'd like to try this week:  Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies and Chilled Chocolate Banana Pie.  We'll see how that goes.  With the Mavericks in the playoffs, and the Rangers playing really well, I'd rather watch the games when I'm finished with dinner than cook more!  But, it looks like Ron will be working late tomorrow, so I may have time to do the Breakfast Cookies.  Yum!

Well, I'm off now!  I need to research what to do with the impulse buy of buckwheat groats, and really need to hop in bed early tonight!  I have a whole bunch more to write, but my very slow internet is driving me crazy!  I'll have to post more about our very fun weekend (that included bottling a barrel of custom made Zinfandel) and the progress on the house tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment