Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Under the Stars

[the setting:
overlooking (except it's night):
the cast:
]


Last night we sat out on our back porch and enjoyed the silence.  We had good company, decent wine,
and good music.  We spoke of important, world shattering topics.  Like:
Ron: "If we won the lottery, I don't think we should move.  We'd just make this house amazing."
Me:  "If we won the lottery, I'd quit my day job."
Important stuff.  Definitely.  But, all kidding aside, I feel so blessed to live in a home and neighborhood that we don't want to leave, even if we have all the money in the world.



Last night I did three miles on the treadmill. I set it on random hills with a 5% max and just went with it.  It amazes me that three miles is my easy run now.  I think back to the days when I first started, when I was happy to do 1.5 miles in a run.  On Sunday I will beat my personal distance record.  Four miles is the longest distance I have ever run at one time.  It's not going to be easy, and it definitely won't be fast, but that's OK.  I'm going to finish.  And in October I will complete a half marathon.  13.1 miles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment